[Battlemesh] [guifi-rdes] Wireless Battle Mesh (WBM) v4 in Barcelona area early September?

Roger Baig Viñas roger.baig at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 19:23:32 CEST 2010

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for thinking about our country for the next WBMv4, but I would
like to give some more information to my guifi colleagues to let the
have a wider view of the situation.

The idea to do the next arose yesterday late at night before we all
when to sleep. As a rough idea it seems me feasible and so does
Albert, and, as I already told you personally, I'm pretty sure we can
be good hosts, but before going any further, I must say that as far as
I know there isn't a clear consensus among the Wireless Battle of the
Mesh organizers about when the next battle should be. Many of them,
and many participants, too think there must be two WBM or better one
per year at most because otherwise the community has high probability
to split. Or, in other words, they prefer a single big event every
year that many small ones.

A part from that, I must say that I'm afraid that three month is not
enough time for us to prepare such an event.

But, as I promised you, next week I'll do my best to push the debate
within our community to be able to give you, at least, a partial
response.

Best regards.

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing to you from WBMv3 in Bracciano, Italy:
>
> http://battlemesh.org/
>
> We are looking for a place to organise WBMv4, and someone proposed
> Barcelona, because of the weather, airport, and the large Guifi
> community.
>
> Do you have any ideas and propositions for a good location?
>
> The ideal place can be a place for camping and tents, max number of
> people to host is like for WBMv3, min 30 people max 50 people.
>
> If you cannot help, I have to know within 7 days, so that I can
> organise something in Luxembourg or South of Belgium.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
> FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403
> "In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software
> patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy.
> Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of
> software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent
> court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their
> favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or
> democratically elected legislators."

roger