[Battlemesh] tests for WBMv3

Alex alx at dd19.de
Wed May 26 13:10:51 CEST 2010

Am Wed, 26 May 2010 12:50:55 +0200
schrieb "L. Aaron Kaplan" <aaron at lo-res.org>:

> On May 26, 2010, at 12:39 PM, elektra wrote:
>
> > Hello Luca -
> >
> >> what if you want
> >> to compare three or more protocols? Set up a sort of tournament?
> >
> > exactly. Lets keep in mind that the boxes are CPU and memory
> > constrained. I see no problem running two protocols, given that the
> > protocol implementation is usable. In order to compare convergence
> > with mobile nodes this the only feasible scenario, IMHO.
> >
> I am not convinced about running three protocols in parallel on the
> same box.
>
> One after the other would make sense. But in parallel??
>
> Does not make so much sense IMHO especially since it is against the
> repeatability argument.

sorry, this is  plain wrong.

As we cannot repeat conditions, we have to test at least 2 protocols at
the same time.

In multiple runs, we can compare.

We can setup simple 2.4 GHz TV-Transmitters to change the enviroment
noise, to compare under different conditions, but as you already wrote,
we cannot repeat anything, so we have to test parallel.

Remember,  it is a Campground, not a lab, it's a Battle, not a free hug
party.

> a.

A.