[Battlemesh] OLSR src IP bug

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Sun Apr 3 17:31:35 UTC 2011

> the olsrd messges itself where using correct src adress (ath:4)

Ok.

> but the olsrd routes did not specify the src ip (so it`s up to the kernel to
> choose *G)

Neither does Babel, and Babel did apparently not have this issue.

Babel dumps routes in the kernel by specifying:

  - dest, plen;
  - gateway;
  - interface.

I suspect the main difference with OLSR is that it specifies the onlink
flag, asking the kernel not to apply any smarts to the route.  Is that
correct?

> therefore olsrd will in future activate its srcip routing mode by default

What if IP addresses change at runtime?

-- Juliusz