[Battlemesh] [off-topic]Somebody known working in free networks in non-EU mediterranean countries?

Albert Homs i Gall alberthoms at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 14:14:46 UTC 2011

TO finish the geo competition, this is the list of possible applicants

3.1.1 Eligibility of the Applicants
In order to be eligible for a grant, Applicants must:

a) be  established  in  the  territories  eligible  under  the  Programme.
 Eligible  territories  per
participating  country  are  those  of  the  EU  Mediterranean  Countries
 and  those  of  the
Mediterranean  Partner  Countries  having  signed  the  Financing
 Agreement  with  the  European
Commission as listed below:
• Cyprus: the whole country
• Egypt:  Marsa  Matruh,  Al  Iskandanyah,  Al  Buhayrah,  Kafr  ash
 Shaykh,  Ad  Daqahliyah,  Dumyat,
                Ash Sharquiyah, Al Isma’iliyah, Bur Sa’id3
• France: Corse, Languedoc‐Roussillon, Provence‐Alpes‐Côte d’Azur
• Greece: Anatoliki Makedonia ‐ Thraki, Kentriki Makedonia, Thessalia,
Ipeiros, Ionia Nisia, Dytiki
                 Ellada, Sterea Ellada, Peloponnisos, Attiki, Voreio
Aigaio, Notio Aigaio, Kriti
• Israel: the whole country
• Italy: Basilicata, Calabria, Campania, Lazio, Liguria, Puglia, Sardegna,
Sicilia, Toscana
• Jordan: Irbid, Al‐Balga, Madaba, Al‐Karak, Al‐Trafila, Al‐Aqaba
• Lebanon: the whole country
• Malta: the whole country
• Palestinian Authority: the whole country
• Portugal: Algarve
• Spain: Andalucía, Cataluña, Comunidad Valenciana, Murcia, Islas Baleares,
Ceuta, Melilla
• Syria4: Latakia, Tartous
• Tunisia:  Médenine,  Gabès,  Sfax,  Mahdia,  Monastir,  Sousse,  Nabeul,
 Ben  Arous,  Tunis,  Ariana,
                 Bizerte, Béja, Jendouba.

There are also some "adjoining regions", all of them in some of the
countries mentioned before
Afaik we have possible aplicants in Spain (guifi.net), Israel (amir), Italy
(hello ninux guys :), Greece (athens). At least we have possible applicants
but fast reading of some documentation seems to me that applying will be
hard if possible