[Battlemesh] somebody did his own battemesh ? :)

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 17:22:15 UTC 2011

http://ro.uow.edu.au/infopapers/736/

The proliferation of mesh or ad hoc network protocols has lead to a
push for protocol standardisation. While there are a number of both
open-source and proprietary mesh routing protocols being developed,
there is only a small amount of literature available that shows
relative strengths and weaknesses of different protocols. This paper
investigates the performance of a number of available routing
protocols using a real-world testbed. Three routing protocols -
Optimised Link State Routing (OLSR), Better Approach To Mobile Ad hoc
Network (B.A.T.M.A.N.) and BABEL - were chosen for this study. Our
investigations focus on the multi-hopping performance and the ability
of each routing protocol to recover from link failures. Our results
show that B.A.T.M.A.N. and BABEL outperform OLSR both in terms of
multi-hopping performance and in route re-discovery latency.

I did not have time yet to read it carefully. Btw the way it would be
so nice to write a paper like this one, at the end of our battlemesh,
and say "we are the develpers and now we can state what works better"
:)

Saverio