[Battlemesh] WBMv4 meeting minutes

Linus Lüssing linus.luessing at web.de
Thu Jan 13 16:04:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 04:22:35PM +0100, Stefano Pilla wrote:
> On 13/01/11 15.53, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> > BTW, it is Wireless Battle Mesh, not Wireless Battle of the Mesh.
> >
> Sorry but the previous logo has "Wireless Battle of the Mesh", on the
> home page there is "Wireless battle of the Mesh", on the AboutUs page
> there is "Wireless Battle of the Mesh Organisers"....so....

Actually, that's something that irritated me a little at WBMv3, too.
But then I thought, hey, somehow that gives it a more Italian touch
with this word order (don't know why, don't talk any Italian at
all :D), which fitted the location :). Wireless Battle of the Mesh
sounds a little weird in English to me (not a native English
speaker either, so no warranty for that).

In English, I'd usually associate something more historical, something in
the past with "Battle of s.th." ("battle of Hastings, ...), while with
"Battle s.th." I'm more associating something "modern", something in
the present.

But just my feeling for all that - if someone from Spain thinks
that calling it "Wireless Battle of the Mesh v4" there is ok, then
it would be ok for me too to leave it like that this time.

Cheers, Linus