[Battlemesh] [Battlemesh-organizers] Announcement

Roger Baig Viñas roger.baig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 17:23:52 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Axel Neumann wrote:
> On Sonntag 16 Januar 2011, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote:
>> http://www.battlemesh.org/AnnouncementV4
>> looks quite ready.
>> Can we copy, paste and start spamming around?
>
> The rooms are reserved/booked/paid  for the whole week.  From last gatherings
> we learned that starting officially on wednesday (and seeing most people arrive
> not before thuesday evening) is only few time.
>
> I would suggest to announce the start of the gathering from Monday the 14th to
> motivate people to come as early as possible.
>
> Or alternatively: at least make clear that accomodation is available from
> monday the 14th and everybody is invited to join the pre-meeting activities.

What about adding the following note to the announcement?

"
NOTE
=====

Although the official event is from the 16th to the 20th,
accommodation has been booked from 14th to the 20th. We have learnt
from the previous editions that five days is very few time so we
strongly recommend people to get there a couple days ahead to take
advantage of this two spare days to make spontaneous meetings, get
used to the area, to make sure everything is ready and, eventually, to
make the experience worthier.
"

If it is accepted, we must add it asap.

Best regards.