[Battlemesh] Battlemesh-like experiment in Washington, DC

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Jul 21 16:20:04 UTC 2011

>> So are you running a DHCP forwarder on every node?  (Or are you working
>> with a layer-2 mesh, which is what Marek was alluding to?)

> Not on every node.  [...] We were working with a layer-2 mesh at the
> time.

Oh yeah, there should be no problem in a layer 2 mesh, if the mesh
implements broadcast (or hacks in some ad hoc smarts related to DHCP).
AHCP is only needed in a layer 3 mesh.

> By the way, should this particular thread really be going to the
> babel-users list?  If we're talking layer-2 we're talking BATMAN-adv,
> which is out of scope for that discussion list.

I don't think it is too outrageously off-topic.  If the respectable
recipients of this list object, we'll move to a more suitable forum.
(There's unfortunately no suitable forum for protocol-agnostic
discussions about mesh routing.)

-- Juliusz