[Battlemesh] CCC camp

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:02:32 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

My friend Erle and I will be attending the CCC :) We're flying down
from India and Australia respectively. The hosts of the millways
village have graciously agreed to put us up out there.

We hope to have a workshop on our open source (GPL) project eBrainPool
which allows to discover and run software from any device around you.
It does this by creating an ad-hoc wireless mesh of devices around you
using olsrd extended with our plugin. X Window then allows for
software to be run on the device of anyone in this mesh but to be used
on your system. Fuse allows for data abstraction so even if you are
using remote software you are working with only the data on your
device - neither end should be able to view each others data. SSH
provides the encryption and overall security.

Currently the above works only on Linux and though we've come a long
way a lot of work remains. We could definitely use a looooooott of
pointers from people with more experience in mesh networking.....and
yes I fully expect you guys to poke a few holes in this (Mitar on this
list and others have already provided some valuable suggestions we
wish to implement) so I would really like it if we could meet up at
CCC :)

Having never attended the CCC before, I'm not sure how we can
coordinate how we can all meet up there - but I would really like
that. Please let me know how we can catch up out there.

Thanks,

Bye for now
ebrain.in | Beehive Computing
Discover and run software from any device around you - an open source
(GPL) project.