[Battlemesh] Partially-formed travel plans

Roger Baig Viñas roger.baig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:32:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Ryan Hughes <ryan at iheartryan.com> wrote:
> Hi.  So, my travel plans are only partially formed at this point, so I
> wanted to put out what I've got and get some thoughts.
>
> So, I'm flying in from the US, and I'm seeing some friends in London first.
>  That's the only plane ticket I've bought so far.  We're going to the UK
> Maker Faire on the 13th.  Sometime after that, me and one friend are flying
> down there.  I've imagined flying to BCN and taking the train to Vic, like
> it suggests on the website.  But we haven't booked this yet. Is there a
> website I should be looking at to arrange intra-Europe travel?

just to mention a few:

edreams should be fine:
http://www.edreams.co.uk/

or you can also have a look at the arilines' web sites:
http://www.easyjet.com/asp/en/book/index.asp?lang=en
http://www.vueling.com/?language=EN
http://www.ryanair.com/en

> Then, unfortunately, I'm going to have to leave early, so as to get back to
> the US in time for work on Monday :(, and it's looking like flying out of
> BCN on Saturday evening is the best option for me.
>
> Now, I'm a guy who likes to skim things, so I didn't realize until just now
> that there isn't public transport directly to Sant bartomeu del Grau, so
> apparently I'd need a ride to Vic on Sat evening.  The flight from BCN that
> I'm looking at leaves at 19:50 on Sat, so I should probably take the 16:06
> train from Vic.  Is that going to be a problem?  Cuz I haven't actually
> bought my plane ticket from BCN->the states yet.

No, it is not a problem. We, the locals, are aware of this
transportation problem from Vic to SBG, so we are working on a
"private" transportation system. We will definitely take care of this.

> One more question:  Accomodations:  So, that resort is booked?  Is that
> where we're staying?

Accomodation is also under control. Don't worry about this either.

> Finally:  I have two TP-Link TL-WR841NDs that I could bring.  Would that be
> useful?
>

> Thanks.
> --Ryan

roger