[Battlemesh] Help needed presenting our mesh based app @ Battlemesh

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Mon Mar 7 16:37:38 UTC 2011

Hi!

> To facilitate a scenario where low powered routers mesh with each
> other and other devices like laptops then connect to these routers
> in managed mode. The routers would only need olsr and a modified plugin that
> passes information to the eBrainPool client on each host informing it
> of all the other hosts (their IPs) in the mesh. From there on things would
> work as now. Each host would communicate with the others and get the
> software list from them and using SSH with X forwarding a tunnel could
> be formed to launch an application.

Don't you think that you are complicating too much?

Why wouldn't you use network as a network, as a abstracted layer which
enabled your clients to communicate. And then on top of that you build
client discovery (with multicast or something)? So that it can run on
any network, LAN, AP, mesh (with support for multicast)?

So that you let routers do that what they do the best: route data. And
clients and servers you connect to the network then communicate over
this network and compute things?

I would really recommend that you split your application into layers and
let some layers be dealt with already existing technology.

> Unfortunately as I said earlier mesh is an area where we are
> definitely noobs :)

You should develop applications which should not and do not need to be
aware of what kind of a network they run on.

> I definitely hope Google has ad-hoc working on Android natively soon.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=82

Mitar