[Battlemesh] Help needed presenting our mesh based app @ Battlemesh

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:07:00 UTC 2011

Hi :),

>> I think you should try to use Zeroconf/Bonjour for that and assume that
>> network supports it.

Mitar, had a cursory look at Avahi and yes this is very interesting.
Also what's great is that most distros have it natively installed
including Meego, Maemo :) Will have to get a better understanding of
how this works. Am especially interested in understanding when this
won't work :)

Currently we're looking at
- getting an inline ssh client and server instead of using sshd and
ssh command line programs (have some great help from the libssh team
here).
- to have FUSE integrated so that even if you use remote software you
can seamlessly work on your own data.
- Avahi :) - itching to get started on this immediately....wish we had
more hands *sigh* :)

Thanks so much guys. It's been great...I've been reading up on all the
people attending battlemesh and so badly wish we were there :)....but
hopefully the next time this is held we'll be there and with code that
works with all the protocols and hopefully this would come of some use
to you guys :)

Bye for now