[Battlemesh] Battle suggestion

Jernej Kos kostko at unimatrix-one.org
Sun Mar 20 23:28:11 UTC 2011

Hi!

I have a suggestion for next battles concerning the "layout" of the
event. There were a lot of interesting talks and people and all this was
great, but I think that the actual battle part of the event was maybe
not so prominent as it should be.

There were also some newcomers to the whole flashing and configuring
process, so my proposal is that there should be some kind of workshop at
the beginning that would involve the people present in understanding the
routing protocols, their implementations and configuration. I am sure
that not everyone knows all their dirty little details, especially
because there are changes from one event to the other. This would enable
all participants to be more up to date with things they might have
missed or are not familiar with.

After that, test scenarios and goals of the tests would be discussed
(also some of this could be discussed in advance on the mailing list),
the mesh deployed and the protocols would then engage in an epic battle.
I think this would enable us to get more representative results in the end.

Ofcourse there is a problem combining this with all the awesome talks as
there were really a lot of them, so I am not sure what the best
compromise would be. But I think we should discuss something in this
direction.

Jernej