[Battlemesh] Military advertising at Battlemesh

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 25 17:35:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

> I would like to suggest that advertising for military companies should
> not be allowed at future battlemeshes.  Should, notwithstanding my
> suggestion, vendors of military technology be invited to give talks
> about military technology at WBMv4 in the future, I hereby request that
> we should be warned of that fact sufficiently in advance to decide
> whether to attend notwithstanding or not.

where do you want us to draw the line ? I see the following options:
* We disapprove the mention of military use cases during talks only. Before
and after the talks people are free to discuss military use cases as they
like.
* We disapprove any military use case discussion during the event (no matter
whether public or private talks).
* We disapprove people even mentioning that they work for a company /
university / research facility on military related topics.
* We ban people that work for a company / university / research facility on
military related topics.
* We ban people that are part of a company / university / research facility
which has branches working on military related topics although the person
itself is not directly involved.
* We ban people that are part of a company / university / research facility
which at some point in time worked or (in the future) might work on military
related topics.
* We ban people that are part of a company / university / research facility
which made business and/or received funding / donations directly or indirectly
from the military ?

Opinions ?

Regards,
Marek