[Battlemesh] Military advertising at Battlemesh

Antonio Quartulli ordex at ritirata.org
Sat Mar 26 00:02:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 08:49:13PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > I wouldn't concentrate in military but in advertisment.
>
> All advertisement is not equal.  The Pisa guys were advertising
> Diaspora, I'm fine with that.  Elektra has been advertising Mesh Potato,
> and I'm glad she did.  Our Greek friends have done some advertising for
> Woogle, which was very interesting, and our hosts have been advertising
> Guifi.net, which I was glad to learn more about.
>
> Advertising for companies that are in the bomb-making industry (and
> potentially supply both sides in a conflict) banalises this field of
> activity, and risks giving the younger generation the impression that it
> is just a job like another.  It is not.

So, what would you prefer to do? Make people aware that we want to
apply censorship on any army-related talk?

I think that what we can really do is to advertise that Battlemesh doesn't
like this kind of topic (by means of a public advertisement, maybe on
the webpage), but then, if someone start speaking about it anyway, you
can just ignore him.

my half cent

--
Antonio Quartulli