[Battlemesh] Military advertising at Battlemesh

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 26 10:13:47 UTC 2011

On Saturday 26 March 2011 01:02:40 Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> So, what would you prefer to do? Make people aware that we want to
> apply censorship on any army-related talk?
>
> I think that what we can really do is to advertise that Battlemesh doesn't
> like this kind of topic (by means of a public advertisement, maybe on
> the webpage), but then, if someone start speaking about it anyway, you
> can just ignore him.
Maybe we could make up a text for the next battlemesh that we like the talks
of our event to be about civil and maybe commercial applications, but not
military ones. Make people to keep this in mind when they prepare a talk for
BattleMeshV5.

We don't need to "censor" or "forbid" anything, we just have to state clearly
what is the focus of our small event/conference and what kind of presentations
we are looking for. Most conferences do this too and would be pretty annoyed
if someone ignores this.

Henning Rogge

--
1) You can't win.