[Battlemesh] CFP: 28c3 Mesh Network Get-together

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 05:26:53 UTC 2011

Hi Moritz,

> and activists from around the globe. The idea is to have everyone present in
> a very concise matter what they are working on, what their current obstacles
> are, etc. Where do we want to be at in two years? In five?

Thank you so much for taking the effort to put this together :)

> laptop. If you are not physically present at the Congress, I will try and do
> my best to show off your material.

As I have mentioned on this list before, a few of us have been working
on our open source project - eBrainPool. Our vision is to have
software and computing as a shared resource which can be accessed from
any device around you. Currently, our proof of concept code uses olsr
to create an ad-hoc mesh network between devices. Our eBrainPool
client shows others users willing to share in the network who are
online and willing to share their software. X Window provides the
functionality of using software remotely.over an encrypted SSH
connection. Remotely using software would amongst other things also
obviate to a huge degree platform/architectural differences and allow
software to be used cross platform/architecture.

The goal is also that though software is used remotely the user should
only be able to work on his local data, thereby using the software as
though it was a local application. We plan to use FUSE based
filesystem to this end.

All of this is currently in alpha with a lot of development on going.
We were there at the CCC 2011 and had a chance to meet some of the
guys on the Battlemesh list who gave us some awesome feedback (thanks
Pau, Saverio, Bruno, Gio et al :) ) and pointed out some architectural
flaws/improvements we're now working on fixing. A lot of work needs to
be addressed with regards Security/Privacy, testing this on actual
mesh networks so communities can share their tools and work together
:) - we're working on an implementation that works without the need
for ad-hoc networks and is not dependent on olsr. We need all the help
we can get ;)

Sadly we will be unable to make it to Congress, however if you have
the time we would sincerely appreciate if you could we could take you
up on your offer and submit in a few slides that will spread some
awareness of what we're trying to do?

Please let me know when would you ideally need the slides and we'll
put them together for you.

Thank you so much Moritz...and once again totally appreciate your effort.

Regards,
Jeetu
ebrain.in | Beehive Computing
Disocer and run software from any device around you - an open source project