[Battlemesh] Seems that we can "close" battlemesh open80211s :P

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Sat Sep 3 10:39:46 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> I read the draft about 18 months ago, and I remember it was designed
>> for small networks around ~32 nodes.
>
> If I recall correctly, up to 32 *mesh* nodes and arbitrary numbers of
> STAs (non-routing nodes).
>
> Note that limiting the scope of a standard is not necessarily a bad
> thing.  (Of course, this being the IEEE, they've still managed to design
> a uselessly complicated thing with millions of options that'll never be
> implemented.  Does anyone still remember the FH PHY of 802.11?)

You can use whatever routing protocol you want, creating a mesh on a
single frequency is a disaster at the radio layer.

I have seen some american researchers (in a slashdot article) that
managed to transmit and receive at the same time, but I cannot find
back the article.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403