[Battlemesh] Efharisto and follow-ups (WiMOB2012)

Leandro Navarro leandro at pangea.org
Tue Apr 10 19:02:54 UTC 2012

Dear all, it was amazing to be at the warm-up event will all of you. The
people from Sarantaporo and the organizers did an excellent work and I
was really impressed about how the village was involved in the event and
his friendliness. Unforgettable !

Regarding WiMob 2012 you will find more info at:
http://research.ac.upc.edu/CNBuB2012/

I think it as an opportunity to establish links with some people in the
academic community that may be fruitful for both sides.
The Battlemesh paper doesn't have to be long or "smell" academic :-), a
3-4 pages paper might be enough. It depends what you want to show. For
instance explaining how the Battlemesh works, what kind of
tests/deployments you think are useful/representative, a critique on the
usefulness of smaller scale or other type of typical experiments, a list
of what you think are hot or open topics in Manet networks, etc.

If you work on the text we can help with the formatting (Latex template).

Registration to the event for you (non academics) will be low cost (the
cost of the coffee break that will be served). Depending on the
participation we can organize a panel discussion from people from both
"worlds". It could be fun and instructive :-)

The days after this workshop there is the WiMob conference (academic):
http://conferences.computer.org/wimob2012/
and the days just before we will have the "International Summit for
Community Wireless Networks" http://wirelesssummit.org/ organized by
Guifi.net with support from UPC, the New America Foundation, etc.

All the best, Leandro.