[Battlemesh] [wsfii-discuss] med-mesh, a proposal to obtain funding from the EU

vortex at free2air.net vortex at free2air.net
Fri Feb 3 00:25:36 UTC 2012

On 02/02/2012 17:38, Albert Homs i Gall wrote:

> 2012/2/2 <michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com
> <mailto:michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com>>
>
>     Hi!
>     On 16:37 Thu 02 Feb     , Albert Homs i Gall wrote:
>     > 5-. Services working inside the network
>     > All the web applications mentioned provide some kind of network
>     service
>     > listing or viewing, but also some other services focused to the
>     users are
>     > worth deploying (like internet access, file sharing, IRC or
>     whatever). Make
>     > this easier for "normal" users adds value to the network
>
>     How did you solve solve this? Guifi.net says: "Total internet
>     Gateways: 6
>     Direct Gateways and 197 Proxys". How do your users connect to the
>     internet
>     gateways?
>
>  3 ways of getting access:
> a-. Inside some mesh clouds direct gateway is obtained trough the
> routing protocol

Could you explain what that means? Which routing protocol and what do
you mean by 'mesh clouds'?

> b-. Some VPN links to local ISP facilities or user-owned adsl

Again, what does that mean? I would really like an overview of how that
VPN architecture works, whether user owned or ISP facility based.

> c-. Most users uses the proxy in their area, seetled by hand in their
> browsers, but a firefox plugin was created to makes this easier
>
>     Do you have to manually define which one to use on each client?

Again how does a Firefox plugin assist in all this?

Cheers,

Adam.