[Battlemesh] Testbed?

Markus Kittenberger Markus.Kittenberger at gmx.at
Wed Jul 4 08:14:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Benjamin Henrion <bh at udev.org> wrote:

> >> But most of all, it allows the routers to be virtualised!
>
> Simulating a wifi environnement is pretty hard.

we do NOT do this!

> So I do not believe in virtualisation for wifi.

its not a "completely" virtual wifi,..

its just virtually moving a real and existing wifi interface from one
device to another,. (or if needed to multiple ones)
so in theory it could offer all meta-informations and configuration
interfaces a local wifi can offer, just with some added latency.

but yes you can not do driver development on it