[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Martin Hundebøll mhu at es.aau.dk
Sat Mar 10 13:57:50 UTC 2012

Hi Clauz,

I would like to introduce another test for throughput. I work with the network coding[1], and would like to see some tests that show some scenarios where network coding is feasible and some where it is not.

For example, the chain topology is a nice scenario:

	A -- B -- C -- D -- E

because network coding can increase throughput at each hop, if data goes in both direction. However, when data goes in one direction only, our implementation delays packets at each hop.

Also, two different paths on the same channel:

	A -- B -- C

	D -- E -- F

because network coding can reduce the air traffic and thus increase the total throughput (again, when data flows in both directions.

What do you think?

Kind regards
Martin Hundebøll
Wireless Communications