[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Sun Mar 11 15:51:46 UTC 2012

Hi!

> On 03/11/2012 10:59 AM, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> Perhaps we can leave mobility for the next Battlemesh?

Maybe for the next Battlemesh, but mobility of nodes (not just users) is
very interesting. We have been thinking for some time now how it would
be to install them WiFi nodes into cars and buses. But there is not yet
much information how our open source protocols behave in such
situations. There are some propriety solutions I think, because our
municipality have been testing them on buses. But it would be really
interesting to be able to match that with open source implementations.

So there are questions: how well does it behave (based on other test
metric we are testing), does user sitting in the car perceive any
additional problems than when not moving, how fast can a node go? I
heard something about 30km/h (or somewhere there) some time ago, but I
do not know where this number came from?

And any community mesh network can easily get mobile nodes: it does not
mean that all nodes have to move around, but that some nodes can, this
is normal, especially with mobile phones. For example, Serval project:

http://www.servalproject.org/

Mitar