[Battlemesh] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Diversity in BATMAN

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Sun Mar 11 16:02:54 UTC 2012

Hi!

> However, in my personal case, there's also the fact that WBM has been
> evolving in a direction that I don't feel comfortable with (less
> technical content, more self- promotion, tolerance for bomb-makers,
> etc.)

Self-promotion of good ideas is not necessary bad. And others are there
to squash the bad ideas. ;-)

But for technical content: I think you could easily volunteer to lead
few round tables on the topic of protocol design. For example, this
discussion we are now having on the mailing list about different aspects
of routing protocols: oh, how I would love to have them in live, with
everybody from all protocols together, sitting and explaining their
approaches, their arguments and experiences why they are doing something
in the way they are doing: is this theoretical argument, or is it simply
a practical observation, can we find a theoretical reasoning behind it,
can we maybe invalidate some theoretical argument with a practical
(repeatable) experiment?

Because I think I am not the only one who does not know much about how
other protocols are doing things, what were the reasons they have chosen
the given approach, ... And it would really help understanding each
other, and maybe, maybe, we could in some years even agree on a common
routing protocol. ;-)

This would also be interesting for non-technical and new people, because
they would be able to listen and understand how things work.

But because Juliusz is afraid to come, I can volunteer to moderate (and
mediate) such tables if others prepare me a list of topics to discuss.

Mitar