[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Antonio Quartulli ordex at autistici.org
Mon Mar 12 18:14:09 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:59:09 +0800, Marek Lindner wrote:
> On Monday, March 12, 2012 22:56:00 Clauz wrote:
> > On 03/11/2012 12:37 PM, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> > > Hi Clauz,

> > > I didn't talk about moving NODES, but I talked about moving CLIENTS.
> > >

> > > E.g. in your ninux network could be a normal user which, for some reason,
> > > moves from an Access Point to the next one (imagine two close houses
> > > with two different ninux APs).
> >
> > AFAIK the other protocols (or at least their open source
> > implementations) don't have (yet) this feature, so I don't think is the
> > case to include it in the "official" tests.
>
> Just to be sure that I understand: We only are going to test "features" that
> are present in all protocols ?

I think that Clauz meant that it is useless to have a "challenge" for a
feature that is implemented in one protocol only. Is is probably better to make
a one-shot test using batman-adv only and then explain the result in order to
make other people blame you. :) I think no one is against this approach.

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli

..each of us alone is worth nothing..