[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 12 18:58:07 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 02:14:09 Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> > Just to be sure that I understand: We only are going to test "features"
> > that  are present in all protocols ?
>
> I think that Clauz meant that it is useless to have a "challenge" for a
> feature that is implemented in one protocol only. Is is probably better to
> make a one-shot test using batman-adv only and then explain the result in
> order to make other people blame you. :) I think no one is against this
> approach.

I wasn't referring so much to batman-adv because I know what it can do pretty
well. Learning what and how the others do things is what I am mostly curious
about. :)

You are right about the "challenge" in the sense that there might be no or
little competition. However, giving it some "official" attention raises
awareness. These unique feature tests don't need to be embedded into the same
testing "framework" but an "official" recognition of some sort might be nice
to have.

Cheers,
Marek