[Battlemesh] Talk @ WBMv5

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 16 03:58:52 UTC 2012

On Friday, March 16, 2012 06:59:59 Roger Baig Viñas wrote:
> Shifting is one option. Another is to extend the talks one more day
> (Tue-Fri). Despite both of them are ok for me I think the second has
> some advantages: 1st) does not affect the rest of already scheduled
> talks, 2nd) does not affect the activity of those who want to hack
> since they can keep doing it in parallel of the talks, and 3rd) opens
> the door to devote more time to talk about specific the projects since
> there's a lot of stuff that might be interesting for many mesh
> enthusiasts. In this sense I would propose to reshape the talk
> currently proposed for Thursday from 17h-18h "Public funding for mesh
> projects" to something like:
>
> * general aspects (30min)
> * ENPI (30min)
> * CONFINE (30min)
> * Commons4EU (30min)

Personally, I don't really have a preference but last year we had a longer
discussion (almost an outcry) for less talks. As long you and Aaron get
crucified and not me - I am fine with either way. ;-)

Can we have some more opinions from the audience ?

> And I would suggest also another talk (Friday?) about the future of
> the WBM (how do we want it to be? how can we improve it from the
> experience gained from the previous editions?) and the v6 edition
> (candidates to host it?)

We already have a slot for this topic - the opening talk (like we did last
year). As I recall you were too busy organizing stuff to attend it ?!

Regards,
Marek