[Battlemesh] configuration files

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:02:03 UTC 2012

I don't think it makes sense NOT to use the automatic rate selection.
Its even essential for any routing protocol that takes the link speed
into account.

Tests without this algorithm would be quite unrealistic in my opinion.

Henning Rogge

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 17:56, Benjamin Henrion <bh at udev.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Clauz <clauz at ninux.org> wrote:
>> Hi.
>> To the routing protocol teams: can you please put your configuration
>> files and a pointer to the source code on the wiki [*] when you are ready?
>> In this way Nico can flash the first devices and we can start making tests.
>>
>> Clauz
>>
>> [*] http://www.battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV5/Configurations
>
> Txpower and rate are commented out.
>
> If you let the radio driver select its bitrate automatically, you
> should not be surprised to see your throughput fluctuates.
>
> So it makes your test un-reproductible, and not very useful since you
> do not log the rate in function of the time.
>
> --
> Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
> FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762
> "In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software
> patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy.
> Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of
> software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent
> court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their
> favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or
> democratically elected legislators."

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."