[Battlemesh] The Wireless Battle of the Mesh v6 will take place from 15th to 21st of april 2013

Simon Wunderlich simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Nov 5 10:31:14 UTC 2012

Hey Guido,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:15:55PM -0300, Guido Iribarren wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2012 3:56 PM, "Simon Wunderlich" <
> simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hey battlemeshers,
> >
> >for the community, please consider
> > taking over some of them (don't worry, we won't leave you alone!).
> >
> > What is still open is:
> >
> >  * test management - defining tests, define deadlines, etc
> >  * firmware preparation - prepare OpenWRT with the mesh software on the
> selected hardware
>
> Hello folks,
> While i would love to participate in a WBM, that possibility is sadly
> several thousands km away from me ;)

it still would be great if we found a way how you can join us. It is a pity
that the world is so big ... ;)

> If that's not a problem, then i offer to contribute with the firm
> preparation. I'm currently doing that kind of work for AlterMesh-based
> networks (DeltaLibre, QuintanaLibre, etc) bundling batman-adv (+ autoconf
> scripts), babeld... cherrypicked patches, etc so i feel at ease in an
> openwrt build env.

Thanks a lot for your offer! I think that would help us a lot to have a
firmware for the particular hardware prepared, although we will also need
some assistance at the event itself. It seems Pau has assigned for this task
too who is attending the event. You could prepare the firmware remotely with
Pau? Or maybe give us some remote support? Would be great!

Do you have these Buffalos available or can get your hands on some to
prepare the testbed?

> I'm also pretty interested in the possibility of preparing builds for
> confine testbed, if that collaboration happens.

I don't know, maybe someone from the confine people can answer this.

> Anyone else assigned to this as well?

From the organizers list [1], it seems Pau has signed up for this. Maybe you can
get in contact with him.

Thanks a lot!