[Battlemesh] WBMv6 - Hardware / Sponsoring

Huub Schuurmans huubsch at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 26 10:01:34 UTC 2012

Op 10/26/12 10:55 AM, Simon Wunderlich schreef:
> Hello Huub,
>
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:36:44PM +0200, Huub Schuurmans wrote:
>> Op 10/25/12 8:52 PM, Bastian Bittorf schreef:
>
> If you provide Alix hardware for the tests, we could also do tests
> on them. However, purchasing a lot of ALIX boards (plus WiFi cards,
> housings, antennas) would be pretty expensive (we need a few of
> them, like 20-40 I think). Only getting them for WBM is not really
> feasible I think. It would be nice to do all the tests on the same
> hardware.

Alixboard with case, mini-pci card (e.g. CM9), pigtail, ducky antenna,
cf-card would be about Euro 130 (ex VAT)
In the Netherlands the Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H costs about Euro 90, ex VAT.

I am not familiar with the Buffalo router and I have no idea about the
details of the hardware setup. Would it be possible to test routing in
a multichannel multiradio mesh with different type and quality of links?

> would it be possible to port lvrouted to linux?

My understanding: in principle yes, need to port ioctl()s and
cross-compile. Code is written in ocaml.

Description is available here:
http://svn.wirelessleiden.nl/svn/node-config/other/lvrouted/trunk/README
and source code is in:
http://svn.wirelessleiden.nl/svn/node-config/other/lvrouted/trunk/src/