[Battlemesh] WBMv6 test discussion [was: Re: Recon Team - Follow Up]

Clauz clauz at ninux.org
Fri Oct 26 11:26:13 UTC 2012

Hello!

On 10/25/2012 10:33 PM, Frank Fitzek wrote:
> On 24.10.2012 20:47, Simon Wunderlich wrote:
>> Some tests have been defined for WBMv5 here:
>> http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV5/Tests
> Awesome. These test topologies are great. We just need to refine the
> parameters and we are done.

Well, thanks a lot :)

I was in charge of the tests in WBMv5, but at the end we didn't perform
any of them. The main reason is that the devices were ready to deploy
only in the very last hours of the event. So I suggest, if possible,
speeding up the firmware setup and flashing process. Perhaps part of it
can be done before the event?

The criterion that I tried to use is to replicate as much as possible
what happens in real-world community networks (for example opted for
complete shutdown of nodes as opposed to single interfaces going down).

And, one decision that who is in charge of the tests has to face is
whether to run all the protocols in sequence or at the same time. Both
modalities have advantages and drawbacks.

ciao,
Clauz