[Battlemesh] tests update

Axel Neumann neumann at cgws.de
Sun Apr 21 06:41:03 UTC 2013

On 04/19/2013 06:13 PM, Clauz wrote:
> Hi, battlers.
> The mesh is currently set on 54Mbps multicast rate, up to date and
> running, after some bugfixes.
>
> We have some real-time topologies:
> https://gates.homelinux.org/ffmap/nodes.html
> http://mapa.mesh.altermundi.net/
> (select WBMv6 Aalborg on the select box on the top left of the page)
>
> The test raw data (to be processed) is being uploaded here:
> http://downloads.battlemesh.org/WBMv6/test_data/

Wow, seems like this year the testbed allowed significantly improved
performance (compared to all previous years).
For example between up to 4 MBit throughput over eight or more hops in
the netperf measurements.
Or "only" about 25% percent packet loss in a mobile node scenario with
up to 11 hops!!!

One request, please, please, if there is any chance to capture some
protocol-traffic overhead.
This year is also the first time that IPv6 and multiradio was involved
and I would be very interested to get an idea of the consequences with
4-times larger address spaces. I think it would be enough to do this
captures from a notebook near on of the nodes for each protocol and for
only a few minutes.

Anyway, Big congratulations and lots of thanks for all the efforts you did!

/axel