[Battlemesh] See you next time!

Jonathan Storm the.jonathan.storm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 19:37:22 UTC 2013

As many of you know, this was my first time outside the U.S, but it was the
warmth, openness, new friends, and stimulating conversation that cemented
this trip as a truly formative experience. Indeed, as Simon observed, my
exchange of a Cisco t-shirt for a B.A.T.M.A.N. t-shirt was as symbolic as
it was literal, and I hope this marks the beginning of my efforts to
make valuable contributions to open research. Perhaps I can enjoin others
involved in mere "vocational" networking to join me, which would surely
elevate the entire field beyond simply regurgitating the same tired,
vendor-specific details necessary for recertification. This is surely a
worthy aspiration.

Thanks to all for tolerating and, indeed, welcoming the strange,
irresponsible fellow from Key West, and thanks especially to Martin and
others for facilitating this much needed event.

As for the B.A.T.M.A.N. team, attached is photographic evidence that you've
now made it as far as the Caribbean!

Cheers, from the Conch Republic--now celebrating 31 years of "independence"
since the Great Battle! See you all next year!

--jds