[Battlemesh] Promote WBMv6: ENDORSEMENTS?

Nicolás Echániz nicoechaniz at codigosur.org
Wed Jan 23 21:29:06 UTC 2013

On 01/23/2013 04:52 PM, Mitar wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I mean we can't put all the logos of all those who will want to formally
>> endorse the battlemesh, we should focus on those ones that will really
>> be there or at least have usually been there; do you get what I mean?
>> Immagine 100 communities wanting to endorse it.. that would not be
>> beneficial to the PR campaign. What would be beneficial is to have a few
>> logos of well known communities.
>
> Hm, are you sure? I think having 100 logos there would be great. We
> could have bigger ones for those who will come and then a lot of smaller
> ones. The reasoning is that people do like to say "hey, I know them" or
> "hey, this are us". More logos == more chance that this happens.
>
> I do not see downside of having many logos? If space on the poster is a
> concern, make it really small. Something like just icons. Just to show
> the number/size.
>
> I do agree we should differ between communities who contribute (in very
> vague definition of contribution) and just those who endorse.

I agree with Mitar that it doesn't hurt to have more endorsements
recognized in the poster/web/media, with a distinction (logo size)
between participants/contributors and endorsements per se.

For the first Regional Free Networks Meeting (Jornadas Regionales de
Redes Libres)[0] we had more than 20 endorsements appart from
participating networks. This helped a lot in making the event known to a
broader local audience of people not only involved in WCN but also
independent media, social organizations, FLOSS groups, etc.

I believe it's just a matter of design how these endorsements appear in
the communication materials so they don't eat up too much space if there
are many.

cheers,
NicoEchániz

[0] http://redeslibres.altermundi.net/Encuentro2010