[Battlemesh] netgear 2.4ghz and 5ghz at wbm?

NicoEchániz nicoechaniz at altermundi.net
Mon Jul 8 05:17:25 UTC 2013

On 07/06/2013 12:26 PM, George Kleissiaris wrote:
> If you wanted to use this router in an outdoor environment, what enclosure
> and which antennas would you recommend?

The good thing about these routers is that they are dual band, so if you
are adding an external antenna, I would try to find something that's
also multiband.

Our current approach, given that our network design has low cost as a
primary goal is to just use the provided omni antennas (which work in
the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands) as "feed" for a 24db grid, as shown in the first
picture of this page:

http://docs.altermundi.net/RedesMiniMaxi/MontajeDeUnNodo

The rest of the setup is regular outdoor water piping and a rg-58 pigtail.

In the same image you can see the plastic box we use to protect these
routers. There's some more images on the box preparation also.

Using these antennas we have 3.5Km links with 40Mbps stable throughput
on each band.

Cheers,
Nico