[Battlemesh] the relationship of BSSID to anything...

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 18:52:36 UTC 2013

while at battlemesh, someone in the batman part mumbled at me that I should
set the BSSID to the same (but different from the other networks in play
that week) across
my entire babel mesh network because [mumble, mumble] and that on larger
meshes you can
end up with parts not communicating with each due to [mumble, mumble]
unless you did that.

root at gw:/etc/config# iwconfig gw01
gw01      IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"babel"
          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Cell: 42:EB:12:AC:D2:E9

 (so the cell should be the same across the network?)

I happen to have an ever larger babel mesh which periodically bifurbicates.
A core radio stops
communicating with half the network, for some reason. I'd long thought it
was a layer 3 problem of some sort,
but perhaps it's related to this BSSID issue? Which I don't understand?
(help?)

--
Dave Täht

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt: