[Battlemesh] QoS in a mesh network

Nicolás Echániz nicoechaniz at codigosur.org
Thu Mar 7 22:13:43 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I've been looking into this matter lately and found very little
information and no actual implementation guides.
Almost all QoS docs I've found are related to a scenario where QoS is
done in a network gateway.

What I'd like to know is if anyone here has been experimenting with
prioritizing latency sensitive traffic on town-scale mesh networks. That
is, some network-wide policy that's implemented in every node to
guarantee some service's quality.

In QuintanaLibre (an AlterMesh/MininMaxi network) we have started doing
a heavier use of VoIP (for in-town communication) and we have confirmed
that VoIP data will need some special treatment to be reliable.

I guess many here are subscribed to the Village Telco list. There is a
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/village-telco-dev/wZx-4DshDHs/zb0id1hB5-oJ

I'd like to know if others have experience on this matter that they are
willing to share. I wouldn't mind attending a talk on this subject
during the WBMv6 :)

Thanks!
NicoEchániz