[Battlemesh] test-router platform upgrade, decide on numbers

Ufo ufo at rund.freifunk.net
Tue Mar 26 23:47:45 UTC 2013

Am 19.03.13 14:30, schrieb Bastian Bittorf:
> * Simon Wunderlich <simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de> [19.03.2013 14:24]:
>>> I'd go for 3600 or 3500 and get more routers for the same amount of money.
>>
>> At least in germany, 3600 is at ~50 Euro, 4300 at ~66 Euro ... Do you have

> i like the 4300 - the price does not matter, i believe
> in the 3 antennas = no buffering during p*rn... 8-)

but for bettlemesh two antennas should be enough :-/
so i would prefer the tp-link 3600. its only a bit of another wifi chip
inside, i hope thats ok. in leipzig we have >10 of that in use and are
very satisfied with these devices.

and for that difference in money i would really like to suggest some
Tp-Link 3040!

i will also bring some of that MOBILE routers with me, thats really
battery inside (just a 3020, but no need for powerwires for many hours)!
http://twitpic.com/bunfjd http://twitpic.com/cble9f
http://twitpic.com/b9gtud
Thats very useful for testing and handling WITHOUT power cables. The
tech inside is just as many other routers our communities using today:
less memory, flash, cpu and wifi (34mw) than the 3600/4300. maybe some
usb-sticks for each one could be VERY useful. we could make ext-root for
the system with that sticks and we could f.i. change usbsticks in wild
wifi field testings, for changing to another routingprotocol in our
testing scenarios..

---
Freifunk Leipzig http://leipzig.freifunk.net