[Battlemesh] See you next time!

Roger Baig Viñas roger.baig at gmail.com
Mon May 13 20:37:54 UTC 2013

Hi Filipe,

On 13 May 2013 17:03, Filipe Borges Teixeira <fbt at inescporto.pt> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> There have been some days since WBM finished, but even so I'd like to say
> some words about it:
>
> It was my first year I was attending to the BattleMesh and I found it a
> great experience. Last week I did an internal presentation of the overview

thx for the efforts you made to join the "group". As we already
commented during the plenary meeting newcomers integration is a point
to improve in the coming editions. It would be great if you could
contribute to do so.

> of the WMB to my research team here at INESC and everyone was very
> interested. I hope next year I can join (and specially since the first day,
> as I arrived quite late this time), and take part in more activities.

Leipzig, you know ;-)

> About the WiFIX Stub WMN solution, I'm pushing to make it Open Source and I
> hope next time we are able to test it!

Good job! I hope you will succeed in convincing your superiors of the
advantages of opening. It would be a fantastic news for the v7 edition
;-)

> Meanwhile, as I had the opportunity to say to some guys, we are making some
> experiments regarding mesh networks in boats. The goal is to deliver
> Internet to fishing boats using Wi-Fi on 700 MHz (the boards I tested in
> WMB) and 5 GHz bands. We are also developing mesh networks for underwater
> and underground scenarios. Maybe next year I'll be able to present you some
> results, if you find it interesting...

A lighting talk, at the very least :p

> Last but not least, I would like to thank Martin and all other members from
> the organization for their effort and dedication to this event. I have
> nothing to complain about ;) I also have some pictures of the last days of
> the event I would like to share, I hope you like them.

Congratulations to your girlfriend for stoically withstand all of us ;-)

> See you next time!
>
> Best regards,
> Filipe Teixeira
>

> 2013/5/13 Bastian Bittorf <bittorf at bluebottle.com>
>>
>> * Thomas Pedersen <thomas at cozybit.com> [10.05.2013 19:32]:
>> > for the (unscripted) results of wearing my B.A.T.M.A.N. t-shirt to the
>> > office once Javier got back from vacation :D.
>>
>> thanks for shared, office here is rolling on the floor 8-)
>>
>> bye, bastian
>

> --
> Filipe Borges Teixeira
> Telecomunicações e Multimédia