[Battlemesh] Custom Dual AP antenna setup for one router antenna plug

Huub Schuurmans huubsch at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 25 08:36:56 UTC 2013

Op 9/21/13 7:24 PM, cmsv schreef:

>>> Although i use utp cables i cannot use poe and as far as ubiquity
>>> devices they are expensive and i am the only one bearing almost all
>>> costs of all hardware.
>>

> The Ubiquity Nanostation-M2loco is quite, quite attractive and at a good
> price but they have a downside to my needs which is only 16 mb of sdram
> which will prevent the a good usage usage of openwrt firmware with a 2.6
> or 3.* kernel.
>
> Please correct me if i am overseeing any detail.

check out the datasheet for the M2 loco:
http://dl.ubnt.com/datasheets/nanostationm/nsm_ds_web.pdf
32 MB RAM, 8 MB Flash

I think you are confusing Nanostation2Loco and NanostationM2Loco!
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/nanostation does not mention the M2
which is the more recent and better product.

> This leads me to ask about what openwrt kernel they are running and in
> your network case which routing protocol/s are you using ?

Ubiquity runs BusyBox,  Linux kernel 2.6
XM.v5.5.6# uname -a
Linux NanoStation Loco M2 2.6.32.54 #1 Tue May 28 17:56:11 EEST 2013