[Battlemesh] Endorsements & dissemination: recommendations

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Sun Feb 9 15:26:17 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

are you ready for the dissemination?

My proposed planfollows.

*1. Feature the poster*
Include the poster in your endorsement, but load it directly fromthis URL:
http://battlemesh.org/EndorsementTemplate?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=battlemesh-v7-poster-web.png

So that if I have to change anything all the pages will always show an
up to date version.

*2. Use the updated press release template as abase

*Check this: http://battlemesh.org/EndorsementTemplate

I added some paragaphs regarding the hostel convention, the mailing
list, ecc.

*3. Adapt to your audienceand language

*Don't be a copy monkey, be creative! Every community is different.

Italy is different than Germany, Portugal is very different thanSlovenia.*

*Reader of the OpenWRT website are very different from readers of the
Ninux.org blog.
*
*Some communities might use a more informal style, others might be more
formal.

I think many communities are not used to read in english, so go ahead,
be creative, translate, use informal or formal style according to your
audience.

*4. Engage the reader*

News and endorsements don't have to be boring :)

*5. Fire!

*Use any licit mean to promote the news.
*
**6. Add the link on the wiki*
*
*Best would be to add it both here:
http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV7#Blog_Ping-Backs_and_Media_Coverage
*
*And here:
http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV7/Endorsements (add info about your
community if not already present)
*
*
**Other info

*I published the endorsement news in Italian and adapted for Ninux a
couple of hours ago and is already performing better than the news I
published last year for the v6 edition (which was in english and not
readapted). *

*I uploaded all the logos here:
http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV7/Endorsements?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=logos-v7-2014.zip

And the posters here: http://battlemesh.org/EndorsementTemplate