[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v7 Call for talks and workshops

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Wed Jan 22 19:42:21 UTC 2014

> Please let me know if anything on this call needs changing, before it gets
> forwarded to many lists.

Looks great, let's forward this to our local lists.

> Also I think it would be good have a locally-publicised talk, for people
> who live in Leipzig who are interested in whats it all about.  Something
> like a brief explanation of the major routing algorithms and a brief
> presentation of the groups present.  Perhaps in the evening so more people
> could come and translated to german.  Parhaps even at the very popular
> voku (collective kitchen) at the sublab on saturday evening?  What do
> people think of this idea?

I'm not sure if I get your point correctly, but wouldn't it be better to
invite the locals with this kind of presentation a few weeks before so they
can join the real battlemesh?

The majority of the battlemesh participants doesn't speak german, but they on
the other hand might very much interested in what's going on in Freifunk
(Leipzig/Halle/Weimar/...) - so the locals could explain what they are doing.
In english would be good. :)

Maybe I don't get your intention correctly yet, but if we want to connect
locals with the international battlemesh crowd we should think of some kind of
event to do that - maybe a game (capture the router?), social event, etc? :)

Cheers,
    Simon