[Battlemesh] recommendations for 40Km Link / OpenWRT on ubnt ath9k hw ? / AirMax

Laurent GUERBY laurent at guerby.net
Tue Mar 25 13:18:12 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 13:52 +0100, Musti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in wlan slovenia network we are slowly looking at migrating from AirOS
> to openwrt for UBNT devices, however the tests for now show that ath9k
> performs worse then UBNT AirMax. The difference is rather small in PtP
> links, however fails horribly at PtM as there is no TDMA.

Hi,

We tested with and without AirMax and found out not much differences
except in certain case (colocation of close antennas) AirMax
wasn't working at all (horrible bandwidth performance, slow to access
web admin). In the end we've been running AirOS without AirMax for a
while now both PtP and PtM

Do you have detailed performance results with and without AirMax ?

Sincerely,

Laurent