[Battlemesh] recommendations for 40Km Link / OpenWRT on ubnt ath9k hw ? / AirMax

Nicolás Echániz nicoechaniz at altermundi.net
Wed Mar 26 01:08:20 UTC 2014

El 25/03/14 12:30, Henning Rogge escribió:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:51 PM, fboehm <fboehm at aon.at> wrote:
>> I only know that FreeBSD has a real TDMA protocol for some Atheros chips.
>> But only for PtP as far as I know. Synchronizing dozens of clients in a PtMP
>> environment could be a different ball game.
>
> And doing TDMA as MPtMP (like real adhoc mode) is even harder. Not
> impossible, but very hard.

I was sent a paper from one Kevin Craig Duff that explores this
possibility with a tool he calls slottle (nowhere to be found), based on
frottle.
The paper title is "Network-Layer Reservation TDM for Ad-Hoc 802.11"

I believe there can be some interesting pointers in it.

The only online source I found for the paper is this:
http://eprints.ru.ac.za/1146/1/duff_msc.pdf

Cheers,
Nico