[Battlemesh] Broadcast lost because of hidden station

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Thu May 8 18:01:57 UTC 2014

On 08/05/14 13:08, Ben West wrote:
> I'm curious if a recent changeset to OpenWRT trunk with Henning's name
> on it is relevant this to thread about unreliable multicasts:
> https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/40696/trunk

to me it looks like this addresses a simple "cosmetic" annoyance, where
if there's no unicast traffic from a particular station, "iw station
dump" will report a RX bitrate equal to that station multicast bitrate
(normally low, say 6 mbit)

with this patch, i imagine the "rx bitrate" field will always reflect
the last unicast packet received from that station, not taking into
account multicasts seen afterwards.