[Battlemesh] OpenWrt Summit RFP - Deadline August 21

Eric Schultz eschultz at prplfoundation.org
Mon Aug 3 19:11:32 UTC 2015

prpl Foundation is happy to be sponsoring Battlemesh v8. While I won't be
able to make it, I wanted to let everyone know about an OpenWrt Summit
we're organizing in Dublin in October. Co-located with ELCE in OpenWrt
Summit will be the first community conference focusing exclusively on
OpenWrt. Free for all to attend, OpenWrt Summit does not require an ELCE
ticket.

As a community centered conference, I invite users, developers, business
leaders, and anyone who is hoping to make a difference in OpenWrt to submit
a speaking/session proposal for the OpenWrt Summit.

Suggested topics include:

* OpenWrt introductory topics (What is OpenWrt? How to build? How to
install? How to build packages?)
* Hardware (Adding new OpenWrt support for hardware you created or bought,
contributing back to the core)
* Forks of OpenWrt (Best practices, staying close to core)
* OpenWrt usage (Unique and complex scenarios)
* Security (Containers, jails, etc)
* Culture (Encouraging new contributors, documentation, advocacy)
* Internet of Things/Internet of Everything
* Future of OpenWrt

We also welcome any other session topic related to OpenWrt. Again, I
encourage everyone interested to submit a session proposal for the OpenWrt
Summit. Proposals should be submitted by August 21. To learn more and to
submit your proposal, please visit:

http://wiki.prplfoundation.org/wiki/OpenWrt_Summit_2015

Also, if you're interested in learning more about the conference, including
lodging information, please visit this URL as well.

I look forward to the session proposals! If you have any questions, don't
hesitate to ask..

Thanks,

Eric Schultz

--
Eric Schultz, Community Manager, prpl Foundation
http://www.prplfoundation.org
eschultz at prplfoundation.org
cell: 920-539-0404
skype: ericschultzwi