[Battlemesh] The Flent testing tool

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Thu Aug 13 08:26:17 UTC 2015

On 08/13/2015 12:28 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> If you manage to export the graphs in SVG format it would be great.
> Flent already does SVG. The graphs I posted here are available as SVG as
> well: https://kau.toke.dk/experiments/bmv8/ -- and you can download the
> data files and generate more. Was there anything in particular you were
> missing? :)

Excellent! Just realized now.

I took a look yesterday on a train from a mobile device and didn't realize.

Let me know if I understand correctly:

The first batch of graphs is:

rrul-box.pdf                                       12-Aug-2015
12:12              111773
rrul-box.svg                                       12-Aug-2015
12:12              121160
rrul-cdf.pdf                                       12-Aug-2015
12:12              125117
rrul-cdf.svg                                       12-Aug-2015
12:12              120621

The second batch:

rrul_be-box.pdf                                    12-Aug-2015
12:12              111472
rrul_be-box.svg                                    12-Aug-2015
12:12              120830
rrul_be-cdf.pdf                                    12-Aug-2015
12:12              123218
rrul_be-cdf.svg                                    12-Aug-2015
12:12              114186

Few questions:

  * I guess there are no other graphs, is this correct?
  * I guess the two batches correspond to two tests, is this correct?
  * each test offers two visualization stylet, correct?
  * what was done exactly in each tests?
  * how to interpret the box graph?

Comments:

  * I think the CDF plot is easier to grasp and explain to viewers
  * I really like having all the results on a single graph, it makes it
    really easy to glance and compare - @Mathieu: would it be possible
    to do this for some of the other graphs too (eg: CDF plots only)?

Thank you Toke, excellent work! :-)

Fed