[Battlemesh] Fwd: Call for WBMv9 Location proposals

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Fri Aug 14 11:05:47 UTC 2015

Subject: [Battlemesh] Call for WBMv9 Location proposals
Date: Thursday 13 August 2015, 21:41:05
From: Luka Manojlovic <luka at manojlovic.net>
To: Mitar <mitar at tnode.com>
CC: sw at simonwunderlich.de <sw at simonwunderlich.de>

Hi!

As asked I am sending some info:

* Describe your proposed location (city, venue, etc)

I suggest the location of Nova Gorica – Slovenia (western part) we hav enice
weather and nice location for a trips (30 minutes to the sea, 45 mintues to
mountains)

The venue that I propse is a Technological park of Nova Gorica –
http://www.primorski-tp.si/ - it is a support environment for business –
incubator – it has alot of space – the building is very big.

(We have a free bus from the city center to Tehnološki park – it takes about
20 minutes to go by bus – but if the weather is good you can go by bike (we
are renting for 1 € per day)

* Introduce yourself and your team or community

My name is Luka Manojlovic (luka.manojlovic.net) and I run the oldest open
network in Slovenia – it is called wlan.novagorica.eu
(http://wlan.novagorica.eu / https://www.facebook.com/wlannovagoricaeu)

I organize alot of events so I would say that I am well prepared to host souch
event as I saw in Maribor – In fact I am not alone but with friends who
support technical community…

Some of my projects are for example – house of experiments for kids:
http://www.e-hisa.si / https://www.facebook.com/ehisaposkusov and currently an
IT conference at the end of September called Cancel –
www.cancel.si<http://www.cancel.si>

* Tell us about the facilities (rooms, etc), accommodation options,
hackerspaces, etc

Tehnološki park has a big room – 150 seats (for keynotes and stuff like that) +
2x 60 seat rooms with projectors + 2x50 seats rooms with 25 computers each
(used by students of multimedia)

Tehnološi park has no accomodation options but we have multiple options –
relatively low cost hotels / b&b and a student dormitory that is 5 minutes
away… If you will decide to do it in Nova Gorica I will try to find extra
founds to support accomodation costs or reduce it to minimum or even 0.

* Tell us about travel options, e.g. nearest international airport, bus,
train, ...

We have 3 near airports – Ljubljana Airport (1.15 from the venue), Venice
Airport (1.20 from venue) and Trieste Airport (25 minutes from venue). Buses
in Nova Gorica are free, train is available from Trieste and also from Venice
– from Ljubljana you can use bus (it is around 10 €) or you can arrange with a
community travel service called www.prevozi.org<http://www.prevozi.org> – you
commute with someone going in this dirrection…

* Do you plan to have organized food, restaurants nearby, etc?

Tehnološki park has a bar that can arrange also catering – couple of minutes
away there are restaurants – and also in Šempeter pri Gorici (town near the
venue) and also in Nova Gorica…

* Preferred times - from our discussion at WBMv8, it seems people would prefer
to have the main event in late spring

Whenever you decide…

* Your intended type (main event, intermediate event, spinoff)

Whatever you decide…

Luka Manojlovic – Microsoft MCSA, MCT, MVP – Hyper-V
Ledine 10 / 5000 Nova Gorica / Slovenija (EU)
Mobile: +386 51 399 044
E-mail: luka at manojlovic.net<mailto:luka at manojlovic.net>
Skype: lukamanojlovic
WEB site: http://luka.manojlovic.net<http://luka.manojlovic.net/>