[Battlemesh] Result documentation RFC / Differential Service Field + TOS, DSCP-settings

Bastian Bittorf bittorf at bluebottle.com
Mon Aug 24 11:25:29 UTC 2015

* Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> [24.08.2015 13:06]:
> I thought Babel also used an appropriate DSCP on its control traffic.

at least i cannot find this in the source.
julius/matthieu - can you say something about that?

simon: can somebody from the batman-adv people enlighten us?

> Wifi hardware supporting 802.11e also does something useful with that DSCP,
> even if it isn't a globally optimal design.  I don't think specific
> configuration is needed for that, though as usual I could be wrong.

you are wrong 8-)

> I wonder if this is the main reason why OLSR and Babel showed better
> stability in the tests than the others?

i'am still unsure about my personal experiments - but at least
just marking the packets with CS7 or CS6 is not enough. Here
we have some wifi-links which are not working (or flapping) when
no HTB is applied. they are nearly perfekt (in terms of internal
OLSR-cost-value) and very bad if we have traffic. only with HTB
they are only a _little_ bit worse than without traffic.

bye, bastian