[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v9 logo rules, definitions, consensus

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Fri Dec 11 16:00:53 UTC 2015

On Friday 11 December 2015 16:48:21 Nemesis wrote:

> > I do agree.
> > Guys, your feedback has very good valid points.
> > Logo should be simple and I see no reason to not adapt the previous one
> > and make it the default logo for the battlemesh.
> >
> > For local events, the local team can always have the poster with
> > something related or inherent to the event local/place and perhaps here
> > one can have their local place/country symbols , etc.
> >
> > I guess now, we only need to hear from the top brass if they agree
> > having that logo or prefer another one to be the battlemesh symbol.
> >
> > After 9 editions might be time to have a default logo ;)
>
> No feedback so far.

There is no such thing as a top brass in this event series. :D

I think we should consider everyone not commenting/objecting in a reasonable
time to give silent consensus.

Personally, I did like the individual logos, but I also agree to Federicos and
Franz' points about best practices like keeping a logo to be recognizable over
multiple events. I also agree that last v8 logo was pretty good and general
enough to be reused.

Shall we ask the original logo designers if they are OK with that to become
the official battlemesh logo? Anyone has contact information? Do you want more
for a consensus (like a poll), or do you agree with my view of the silent
consensus?

Individual t-shirts/posters are still possible - remember the print on the t-
shirt was different than the logo, too. I think thats a good approach.

Let me know what you think, lets come to a conclusion soon! We have the
announcement to make soon so this question should be better settled now than
later.

Cheers,
     Simon